Module implementing the main download client class
- class sentinelhub.download.client.DownloadClient(*, redownload=False, raise_download_errors=True, config=None)
A basic download client object
It does the following:
downloads the data with multiple threads in parallel,
handles any exceptions that occur during download,
decodes downloaded data,
reads and writes locally stored/cached data
redownload (bool) – If True the data will always be downloaded again. By default, this is set to False and the data that has already been downloaded and saved to an expected location will be read from the location instead of being downloaded again.
raise_download_errors (bool) – If True any error in download process will be raised as DownloadFailedException. If False failed downloads will only raise warnings.
- download(download_requests: DownloadRequest, max_threads: Optional[int] = None, decode_data: bool = True, show_progress: bool = False) Any
- download(download_requests: List[DownloadRequest], max_threads: Optional[int] = None, decode_data: bool = True, show_progress: bool = False) List[Any]
Download one or multiple requests, provided as a request list.
download_requests – A list of requests or a single request to be executed.
max_threads – Maximum number of threads to be used for download in parallel. The default is max_threads=None which will use the number of processors on the system multiplied by 5.
decode_data – If True it will decode data otherwise it will return it in form of a DownloadResponse objects which contain binary data and response metadata.
show_progress – Whether a progress bar should be displayed while downloading
A list of results or a single result, depending on input parameter download_requests
- get_json(url, post_values=None, headers=None, request_type=None, **kwargs)
Download request as JSON data type
url (str) – A URL from where the data will be downloaded
kwargs (Any) – Any other parameters that are passed to DownloadRequest class
JSON data parsed into Python objects
- Return type
- get_json_dict(url, *args, extract_key=None, **kwargs)
Download request as JSON data type, failing if the result is not a dictionary
For other parameters see get_json method.
- get_xml(url, **kwargs)
Download request as XML data type